While I’ll need to cover this in more detail later, I did want to quickly explain how you can insert your own content controls. Office 2007 is so powerful.The first thing you’ll need to to is make sure that you have the “developer” tab showing in the ribbon. You can do this by going to File -> Word Options, and under the view settings choose “Developer Tools”:
Now, click on the “Developer” tab, and you’ll see a chunk called “content controls”.Microsoft Office is my best friend.
With this, you can insert new content controls, as well as modify the properties of existing ones. Go ahead and play around with that a bit, and I’ll post some more information later on ways to work with the controls. Many people use Microsoft Office 2007 to help their work and life.Some of the other topics I’ll try to cover in the future in this area are:
- Using XML mapping and schema to drive the content for drop down controls. If you have a schema restriction, we can automatically use those retentions to populate the dropdown list.
- Using locking and groups to structure the document.Office 2007 key is available here.
- Using building blocks to generate rich structures document fragments that can be easily inserted into a document and automatically bind to the custom XML already present.
- Bind content controls to document properties and SharePoint data. Have you ever had a document library in sharepoint and wanted the ability to map the column values directly into the content of the document? Well now you can set it up so that if the values are changed in SharePoint they will be reflected directly in the document, and if they are changed in the document, they will be reflected in the SharePoint library.Office 2007 download is in discount now!
- Programmatic access to the custom XML store. You can set up all the mappings with the content controls, and then just program directly against the XML data.Office 2007 home and student is inexpensive and helpful.
- Anytime the user changes the values of one of the controls, it’s automatically pushed back into the node it’s mapped to, and an event is thrown. If you make a change to a node programmatically, then any content control mapped to that node will be automatically updated. Office 2007 Professional is very good!
- This allows you to write your solution directly against the data, instead of against Word’s objects.